Monday, July 8, 2019

March/April St. Pat's Candy Box and PS card

On to March-April.  

I've always liked this Bent Creek Snap Happy St. Pat's design.  I have a friend who is a 'clover whisperer'.  I've never seen someone who can so easily spot 4 leaf clovers.  She deserved a little gift so I made her this candy box with the design mounted on top.  And for good measure, I enclosed some Andes mints and added the crocheted shamrock on the inside lid.  Stitched on  28 count Cashel over 2. 


The next was card was done after another search for a suitable 'boy' design.  This is Prairie Schooler's "Weather Wise" made into a birthday card.  Stitched  2 over 2 on  32 count MCG white linen.  I'm kind of sorry they went out of business.  Not the worlds greatest linen, but I liked it.  Got a bit creative after reviewing Pinterest ideas for a craft life preserver.  I used a plastic craft ring wrapped with red floss and I was very happy with the result.  I doubt if the recipient paid much attention to it, but it's all about the doing for me.

6 comments:

gracie said...

I love the box finish.....very creative.

Robin in Virginia said...

Super box finish! Love the PS stitch!

Vickie said...

Such a clever gift for your clover friend! :) And yes boy stitches are harder aren't they? You did very well! I love the life preserver! Perfect!

Carol said...

Such a cute box with the grinning leprechaun! Do you purchase new boxes to use for this type of finish, Annie? Love the seaside card, too. I stitched that into a little pillow one summer and love it. The life preserver adds a perfect finishing touch :)

Julie said...

A great box finish.
The card is lovely, very clever idea with the ring and thread, very effective.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Love these finishes! I always love your crochet surprises!