Finished stitching my sampler and sewing it up into a little pocket to hold small stitchy things. My local variety store had several nice fabrics that would work for the lining. It's a shame the lining doesn't show more.
I didn't do as much frogging on the second half, and I did remember to invert the pattern. Here's the second half by itself:
I really enjoyed doing so many different embroidery stitches. The little chain stitch button loop could have been more neatly done, but it works. Here are 3 views of the finished product. I might add a snap to each pocket to keep it closed, but it works pretty well as is: