Thursday, October 22, 2009

Unfortunately.....

I don't usually go for these internet games, but when I saw this on Tanya's blog, I just had to give it try. The idea is to type your first name preceded by the word "unfortunately" into Google and see what you get. With a name like Annie, you get a lot of Annie Get Your Gun and Little Orphan Annie references. Here are some of my favorites:

  • Unfortunately Annie's unorthodox, self-taught knitting style wasn't - at that time - well received by the more established knitting world. ...
  • Unfortunately, Annie is left to realise a man isn't always interested in a woman who can beat him at his own game.
  • Unfortunately, Annie's more into anthropology, and to be honest, she isn't even sure who she is.
  • Unfortunately, Annie is a full nine years younger than Wilber; even had he wanted to make a move, the age gap alone made him restrain ...
  • Unfortunately, Annie's evaluation of Gone With the Wind ended on this enigmatic note.
  • Unfortunately, Annie doesn't seem to grow up at all as the story progresses.
  • Unfortunately, Annie's lustful eye fell upon the young man, and he was soon called upon to pleasure the mistress of the house.
  • Unfortunately, Annie isn't very interested in revealing secrets about herself.
  • Unfortunately Annie loses all the money they win betting on horses!


No projects to show, just basic time wasting activity!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! I love the "lustful eye" one... funny :)

riona said...

Interesting game ... I am not certain I want to play, though ... rather like opening Pandora's Box.

As to the question you left at my blog: the fabric is Silkweaver hand-dyed Days Gone By in 28ct ... a Cashel linen.

Annette said...

hihi lol its funny

Nita said...

Unfortunately, Annie doesn't seem to grow up at all as the story progresses.

And let's hope we never do!

Fun game - I played and posted the results on my blog.

Wendy said...

This looks like an interesting game :) Fun to read this.

Liz in Kansas said...

Oh these are so funny. I tried it with my name and couldn't stop laughing. My favorite:
"Unfortunately Liz reinforces the myth that only young and beautiful people should be seen naked."

Olga said...

It's pretty funny. :-)