I was about to toss some old frayed terry washcloths, when I stopped myself, remembering that I had read they make good insulators for potholders. I really wasn't in the mood for sewing, but I did want to see if that would work out. So I dug up this little cross stitch design that I had stitched long ago. Reminds me of the Campbell Kids from the soup can days. It came from an old Cross Stitch and Country Crafts or Cross Quick magazine from the 80's or 90's I think. I whipped it together so quickly that it looks like I must have been high on something and had my eyes closed, but I just consider it 'proof of concept'. This can work just fine and if I had only taken more time with it, I'd be very happy with the result. I'll file this technique away for future reference.