Sunday, March 7, 2010

Gifts from Becky

I got the most wonderful package from Becky last week and finally got around to photographing my new gifts. My photos are nowhere near as nice as Becky's so I'll refer you to her blog post where you can see these items more clearly.

But for the record, here is what she sent. First, she made me one of her fabulous decorated hinged wooden boxes. I had asked her for hints on how to do the wood staining a while ago and she immediately volunteered to do more than just give me tips! This was just such a generous act on Becky's part. I adore this piece.





As if that wasn't enough, I was honored to find out that I was Becky's partner in her pin pillow exchange and, as such, I received this gem. The design on this as well as the one for the box are so to my current tastes.. tastes which are continually changing. This is such a cool way to do a finish.



My bear got hold of the pillow and now he says he's never giving it back. It's become his security pillow and I can't say I blame him.



Big hugs and thank you's to Becky. And a little something is going to be making its way to Becky's house this week!

20 comments:

BeckySC said...

So glad you liked them both :) It was such a pleasure :)Enjoy my friend :) ((hugs))

Lenka said...

Very beautiful gifts Annie! You're a lucky girl :)

Jackie's Stitches said...

What wonderful gifts! I adore them both.

Vinniey said...

What a beautiful gift from Becky! Very beautiful! And the pin cushion is very pretty too! :)

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Lucky Lady!

Nima said...

oh...i love both of it...beautiful finishing

mbroider said...

Enjoy your gifts, Annie!!

I am stitching the heart humbug freebie that you had posted about. Thanks for the post - see it enabled me:)

Jane said...

What lovely gifts to receive, the box is gorgeous

Annette said...

What love gifts you got from Becky...I love the pillow...

Mylene said...

Beautiful gifts from your friend. Enjoy!

Nancy said...

Such beautiful gifts from Becky!

Paula C. said...

Wow! Both pieces are very nice!

Lainey said...

Two beautiful gifts!

Siobhán said...

What gorgeous exchange pieces!

Michelle said...

The gifts are very beautiful, I love the pin pillow finish!

barbara said...

Those are so SWEET, Annie! Hooray! Enjoy!

Pumpkin said...

Oh wow! You really did make out like a bandit ;o) Lovely items.

selene said...

What wonderful gifts! I love both of it!

Stephanie Hughes said...

Annie, I love your blog...took a look around and think your stuff is adorable. It reminds me of my grandmom because she absolutely loved to cross stitch. I would make her cross stitch presents when she was alive. These are beautiful and are adorable gifts. Thanks and I hope to visit you more often. Stephanie

Sandra said...

They're absolutely adorable! You're a lucky stitcher! Becky did a great job.