Friday, September 27, 2013

Pumpkins for Cathey

Today is the big day to show love and support for our dear blogging buddy Cathey at the Pumpkin Patch.   This is Cathey's blogoversary so first we congratulate her for her many years of successful, entertaining blogging.  And we also want to send all the positive pumpkin energy we can as Cathey goes through difficult times.

When I first learned of this special event, the brainchild of  Sharon/DaffyCat, I immediately starting working on pumpkin stitchy projects.  Some are still in the works, but here are the finishes.  Hope they bring a little surprise cheer.

We start with a cute little girl coming out of a pumpkin to yell, "Surprise"!  This is a quilty mat/coaster from a design by  GreenBeanBaby .

Next is a cell phone case to be given in honor of Cathey to WOCS for distribution to a woman in a domestic violence shelter.  The design is the Autumn Mini-Sampler by Waxing Moon.  The x-stitch fabric is a scrap from an 18-count evenweave fabric in my stash that I really can't identify.  Plenty of pumpkin love on this one.



A slice of the October Doorways design by Vermillion Stitchery made a perfect bookmark  to welcome Halloween and show off some cute pumpkins.  This is on 36 ct Edinburgh linen with a black gros-grain ribbon fused to the back.

And finally, a finish for a design I stitched last year.  This piece is "Autumn Buddies" by Oakhaven Designs stitched on 36 ct HDF linen.  Perfect size for an Altoid top and perfect expression of pumpkin love for my "Autumn Buddy" Cathy.


Cathey, hope your day is filled with wonderful surprises!  You have tons of friends pulling for you.








30 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

You've been a busy bee Annie! :) I love all your finishes, especially the tin & cell cover... So so pretty! xx

Carol said...

So much pumpkin love in this post, Annie--you really created some lovely things! The little ghosts on that bookmark are adorable and you know how addicted I am to your sweet Altoid tin finishes! I love the sheep with his leafy quilt on his back--too cute!

I know Cathey will be really feeling the love today as she reads through these amazing posts from around the world...

Margaret said...

Wow, so many beautiful pumpkin projects! A wonderful post in honor of Cathey!

Karen said...

I love all of these autumn finishes, Annie, they are beautiful! My two favorites are the cell phone holder and the gorgeous little tin!

Vickie said...

Just super Annie! I am so happy once again to see you gift the women's shelter. We unfortunately needed the women' shelter when I was 7 years old. Such a scary time. You are providing so much more than a cell phone case, I am telling you.
I am praying for Cathey.

Mary Ann said...

Such a thoughtful thing you have done for Cathey--the stitching, donating the cell phone case in her honor, and a lovely post.

Anonymous said...

Annie,
What gorgeous stitching you have done.

Cathey will love all this support coming her way!

Have a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what beautiful finishes! Such pretty pumpkin love. :)

♥ Nia said...

Such a cute pumpkin girl =) adorable!
Great finishes!! Congrats sweetie :D

Melanie said...

These are all so wonderful!!! :)

Annette said...

What a wonderfull post!!
This most have bring Cathey strength and a big smile and tears

Cath said...

Beautiful finishes .x

Tea said...

The booksmarks are very pretty.

Mylene said...

What lovely creations you've made Annie. Great job!!

Marie said...

So many wonderful designs and such a sweet post!

Julianne said...

Annie,

Such lovely projects and eye pleasing colors!

I join you in wishing Cathey all the best in her fight against cancer.

Maggee said...

Wow! What great finishes! Love them all! Thanks for joining with us in the celebration of Cathey! Hugs!

Casa Pearl said...

I love seeing all of your work and envy your creativity!

Anonymous said...

AHHHH!!! YOur pumpkin stitching is awesome! I'm so very far on blog reading and blogging and stitching. I"ve missed my blogging buddies and my stitching. Hope my mojo is back.

Tracey said...

What cute pieces... and beautiful finishing, too!

Penny said...

Lots of lovely pumpkin stitching! I love that little girl popping out of the pumpkin. :)

Jane said...

I saw Gaynor's post yesterday morning, very touching indeed, for her and the family. I love your tin, beautifully finished, as are all the other projects. Wishing Cathey and the family all the very best x

Brigitte said...

All these lovely pumpkin finishes for Cathey will make her smile a long time.

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a wonderful way to raise the spirits of your friend up. I just found out about it today. Your finishes are beautiful!

Hetti said...

Dear Annie, so nice of you to think of other people and make such beautiful gifts for them. That is really worth a BIG Applaus
I love the way how you do it and it is very special to read it.

Thank you for sharing the beautiful gifts you have made and the useful links :-))
Big hugs and XXX Hetti

Shebafudge said...

What beautiful designs you have stitched. I really love your phonecase. I may not have discovered your blog without this blog hop Daffycat arranged. Just off to have a nosy round :)

Annette-California said...

I love all your Beautiful pumpkins for Cathey. love Annette
Those are some DARLING finishes:)

stitchersanon said...

Lovely finishes, a great post for Cathey xx

ArchangelDecker said...

Love the tin and the Waxing Moon mini!


Will you please let me know which WM leaflet that's from? I've never seen that design and I just LOVE it! :)

Nima said...

wow..they are all lovely...so sorry to hear about her.