Saturday, January 31, 2015

Tiny Sampler Needlebook and Snowman Card

Some people dance between raindrops. I try to dance between headaches. In that spirit, I finish-finished a couple of pieces between last night and this morning. I've made a number of needle books over the years for exchange pieces, but never one for myself. So I used this "Tiny Sampler" from La-D-Da to make one for myself. The design as an older freebie that you can get here.  It will make a good place to hold counting pins and special needles. Stitched on 35-ct HDF linen.  The pages are just craft felt with pinked edges. I added sew on snaps for closing.  I've been thinking of getting a snap setter tool to make more interesting snaps, but I keep reading about all the problems people have with those.  I don't have those problems with the sew-on kind so maybe I should just leave well enough alone.





I usually like to stockpile a few holiday cards during the year to have them on-call for December.  My stock was depleted, so I used this cutie pie "Mr. Byrd" from Heart in Hand as the basis for my new inventory.  He's a jolly little guy and he could come in handy around here to clear our walks after frequent storms this winter.  This is done another piece of 35-ct HDF linen.

I see sunshine and calm trees outside so even though it's cold, I think I will venture out for a walk.  Got to take advantage of the reasonable weather and no head pain when I can!  

23 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

Really pretty. You did a great job. The card is cute.

Nancy said...

Very cute snowman, but I love your Tiny Sampler! As always such bright and cheerful colors!

ArchangelDecker said...

Great finishes! :)

marly said...

I like it a lot!

Jane said...

It's so lovely to make something for yourself from time to time, somewhere pretty to keep you pins and needles

Kissy said...

You did a very nice needlebook! I like the fabrics you used. Mr. Byrd is a super cute guy! We had the first snow during the last days. Most melted away but I's supposed to be colder now, so we probably will get our share. Stay warm and headache free!
Kirsten

CATHI said...

Wonderful finishes! Like them! :-) Hope your headache passes soon! Stay warm and healthy!

Cathi

Hetti said...

So good of you to treat yourself with a nice gift Annie! The needlebook is very nice with the matching fabrics.
Mr. Byrd is very cute.
And a speedy recovery from the headaches! Lucky... no 2 meters of snow for you :-)
XXX Hetti

Vickie said...

Those are both sweet. Good for you making the needlebook for yourself.
I am sorry you suffer headaches Annie. The pits.
It is snowing nonstop here.

Margaret said...

What a bummer that you suffer from headaches. I hope they aren't migraines. No matter what, it's bad though. Love your two finishes. I love that you have a holiday card inventory.

Anne said...

Fabulous needlebook finish Annie!! I hope you get some time to enjoy the nice weather. Too bad you have a headache...I do too but a tension one

Mylene said...

Lovely finishes!
Hope you feel better by now.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you found some happy stitching time between headaches. I love your idea of a seasonal card stash - if I can get myself half organized, I plan to copy you! Take care.

Brigitte said...

It was time to make a needle book for yourself and the one you made is so overly beautiful. Lovely design and great finishing. I also love your idea of a card stock for next Christmas. There was one year when I had one too but that's long ago. Maybe I should do it again.

Brigitte said...

... and I hope that your headaches will go away soon.

Mii Stitch said...

Fantastic finish on the needlebook!! This will definitely be handy :)
Cute little snowman. The colours really pop against the colour of the card you've chosen. It looks just perfect.

Holly said...

Wow...you stitch cards to send to people? Aren't they lucky! I hope the recipients display them prominently somewhere in their homes.

I hope you get to dance more often! :)

Melanie said...

Very nice!!!!

I say if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Sew on snaps for the win. :)

Hope the headaches are better now.

Carol said...

Seems like the week for headaches as I've had my share, too, Annie--I know yours are much worse and I'm sorry you have them so often! I barely slept Friday night due to a particularly bad one, but I feel good today :) Hope you get more extended periods of relief, soon (which translates into more creative time!).

Your needlebook is darling--I have never understood what one does with counting pins, though?

What a pudgy, cute snowman--someone will love getting him next winter... Hope your snow stays away for a while (like next year at this time!).

Jackie's Stitches said...

The sun makes all the difference doesn't it? We've had more sunny days recently too.

I'm so sorry to hear about your headaches. Not fun at all.

The needlebook is so cute! So is the card. The ribbon and snowflakes are great finishing touches.

Sheryl said...

A lovely needle book, so pretty and nice to make something for yourself once in a while.

Annette said...

You have so much headaches?
I hope ther=y are gone by now.
( I'm late on bloglovin)

You finsihed them very beautifull!!
have fun with them

Karen said...

Such a pretty needlecase, Annie, and so practical. I didn't know you suffer from headaches, I'm so sorry, I hope they're not migraines!