I had started stitching a design for an Altoid tin top about that time to give as a little gift for a friend who is having health problems and will be going in for surgery in a week. This "Knapsack of Hope" idea seemed perfect for tin contents. I renamed it to be a "Tin of Positive Vibes" and modified the items for the box and their meanings somewhat. I'm not sure I have all the contents exactly as they will be when I send out the gift, but I'm pretty close now.
The design for the top is by Homespun Elegance, an oldie but goodie called "Delivering Posies". I had those two cute buttons left over from some project and they made the perfect wheels for the cart. Then I added the teeny heart at the top left. It's over-one on 28 count light blue Monaco, all DMC.
The crocheted heart in the lid comes from this free pattern. The crocheted star is done with metallic thread... just as hard to crochet with as it is to x-stitch with! This is another free pattern that you can get here.
Here's a list of the contents so far. I have a little flashlight, but I hadn't put it in the box when I took the photo. I'm sure I'll add lip gloss, because it's such a feel good item.
Tin of Positive Vibes
• A sparkly star to remind you that you are one
• A flashlight to help you shine
• A quarter so you will never be broke
• A paper clip to help you hold it all together
• An elastic to help you stretch to your limits
• An eraser to fix all your little mistakes
• A band-aid for little hurts
• *An ice cream cone because ice cream has medicinal properties
• *A harmonica so you will have music wherever you go
• *A telephone so you know that help is only a call away
• A heart so you know you are loved
* Starred items are vintage charms from my childhood collection.