Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Heart to Heart

Two feet of snow does not make for ideal photographic conditions.  But I wanted to post these two cards I completed so we'll just have to deal with the blur.  You'll have to trust me that the real life versions of each are so much more appealing.

The first is destined to be a birthday card, but really could work as a very cute Valentine.  This panda is in honor of our new panda at the Washington National Zoo.  The design is by Durene Jones.  She offered a free Calender SAL for 2015 on her Facebook Group.  Each month has a charming little cartoon critter doing something appropriate for the month.  I think she's a master of the UK sketchy back-stitch style of x-stitch.  This one is done over 2 on 28 ct Cashel in a light mocha.

For an actual Valentine card, I turned to "Have a Heart" by Val's Stitchin' Stuff.   No matter how much tinkering I did, this photo ended up looking very washed out.  The whole thing pops nicely in person.   I think of this as a snowman begging Mother Nature to have heart  next time she decides to dump so much snow in this area!  This is done on 18 ct hand-dyed "Into the Sky" Aida from Sassy's Fabbys.

Finally got out to walk a bit yesterday and took the car out for an airing today.  But there is still a long way to go before normalcy returns.

23 comments:

Mylene said...

Both cards are too cute and neatly finished!
Stay warm!

Robin in Virginia said...

Way to go on your card finishes! Both look super, my favorite is the snowman one. Be careful if you have to go out!

Carol said...

I'm sorry you got hit so hard with all that snow, Annie! It must be awful from the images I've seen on TV. I did see that cute video of your giant panda rolling around in the snow--at least someone down in the DC area likes it :)

Your cards are very cute--even in less than ideal photo conditions! The little panda with the red balloon and snowman with his red heart are really sweet :)

Take care now and I hope with these warmer temperatures you don't get any flooding!

Cindy's Stitching said...

both cards are really pretty

Jackie's Stitches said...

Very cute finishes! Two feet of snow sounds like you've been inside for a bit. I can't imagine that much snow!

Jane said...

Glad you've managed to get out and about now. We've just got the wind and the rain from the storm. I should be tucked up in bed, but it's too noisy. Love the little panda

Preeti said...

Sorry about the weather conditions at your place. Your cards are very beautiful !! The panda is so cute:)

Mii Stitch said...

Snow is beautiful but can be a right pain to live with.
I like both stitching pieces and they are nicely finished as cards. The little panda being my favourite, it looks adorable!

Vickie said...

haha! Yes, the panda card is perfect. Madeleine and I enjoyed that video of your panda at the zoo.
The snowman stitching is sweet.

Brigitte said...

Both your cards are so lovely. I love the motifs and the finishing, just with the ribbon near the bottom of the cards. This panda is so lovely, I have to look for one to stitch on one of my grandson's advent calendar bags. And lately I saw the real panda at the Washington Zoo on TV having fun in the snow. It was so cute.

Sheryl said...

Lovely stitched pieces Annie, the cards are very pretty. Sorry about the snow, we haven´t had much in Spain this year, maybe next month.

KimM said...

Beautiful cards. Well done!
xxx

Margaret said...

The cards are great. I especially love the snowman. So cute! Seriously? You all are still digging out, huh? What a bummer! I guess I haven't been following the news. DH was back in NYC on Monday, trains and subways back to normal despite the snow. I still can't believe you all got so much snow -- it's just not right! Hope you aren't going stir crazy!

Irene said...

Mi piacciono moltissimo, il panda è così tenero :)

Hetti said...

What have you made a cute cards Annie! Better a snowman stitch on a card than make one by yourself outside in the real snow ;-)))
I'm glad you can enjoy a walk outside!
Be careful XXX Hetti

♥ Nia said...

So sweet :) Love the panda! :D

Karen said...

Both of the pictures look very nice, so in real life they must be fantastic! You always do such a wonderful job of stitching and finishing, Annie!

Sandra said...

Lovely cards! The snowman is adorable!

Penny said...

Your cards are adorable, Annie! Hopefully that was the biggest snowfall (and dare I hope the last) we will have. We can finally see our whole driveway now. : )

Lainey said...

Two sweet cards!

Mini said...

Lovely cards

Anonymous said...

Annie those cards are just the sweetest things! <3

Glad to hear you are feeling more yourself, and I hope that trend toward normalcy (or whatever passes for it!) continues. :)

Annette said...

two feet of snow????????
We will have a snowless winter again!:(

But you cards are really cute!