Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Sneak Peek Summer Tin

It's been raining here for two weeks, but the sun came out briefly this afternoon to give me enough light for photos.  It was time for a couple of Altoid tin gifts for a couple of summer-loving friends.  The Trilogy Sneak Peek Summer designs are perfect for this and two fit comfortably on a tin top.  I've finished one and will make one more.  I used 36 count light blue linen using DMC.  The little butterfly on the upper right was my addition since it looked so bare on that corner.  I used a motif for the butterfly that Lynn charted and uses in many of her designs. See this example.

The inside has the cutest little Snoopy flash drive.  And they were on a clearance sale to make them especially cute!  The other one has all the peanuts characters on it. Great find at Staples.




I'm caught up with Ele's ABC SAL.  The alphabet part is finished, so I'm very curious to see what the final 3 blocks will be.  I didn't make any changes to the "vwx" block.  The "yz" block motif was the zinnia, but without stitching any words, I was afraid it might not be identifiable.  I went with 'yacht' for the 'y', even though one might wonder why I put a sailboat on a "yz" square.  But 'y' and 'z' don't give one a lot of good choices.   My attempt at a zig-zag failed miserably.  I didn't want 'yarn' since I was avoiding a needlework theme.  Yo-yo was too modern.  Frankly, I got tired of over-thinking it!

And I finished the May design for the Joyful World SAL.  Just a few color changes this month. I  made the orange flowers a little darker.  I turned the white bird into a bluebird.  There is also minuscule back-stitching on the cat faces.  I'm caught up just in time for the new June pattern.. a super-bear!
 

19 comments:

KimM said...

All so lovely. Well done!

Mini said...

Lovely Altoid tin finish and good progress on the two SALs.

Anonymous said...

You sure accomplish a lot! Those your little tons and the flash drive idea is a great idea! And all your other abc's and monthly snowflower stitching is lovely. I always enjoy seeing your creative changes. Happy May!

Margaret said...

I always love when you make an altoids tin. Wonderful work as always! And the May block -- soooo cute! Love the alphabet blocks too. Aren't you glad the rain is over? Or is it still rainy down there? I was so sick of rain, gloom, rain, gloom. lol!

Mii Stitch said...

I love it when you make altoid tins!!
This one was long overdue ;)
Another great choice of designs and the finishing is perfect as always.
I hope your friends will like them.

Great progress on both SAL projects too.

Vickie said...

We are still rainy up here.
Your tin is so cute!!
I wish I had thought to make my bird blue. Oh well. Yes, that bear is so cool, isn't it?!

ArchangelDecker said...

I love your finishes!

The Snoopy drive it too cute :)

Cathy said...

The Altoid tin is really cute and so are the kitty cats. I like the change you made to the bird.

Jane said...

I do love your tins and I have to love your May block, it's got cats!

Sheryl said...

pretty stitching Annie, love the tin, so nicely finished.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your Altoid tins are always so special and this one is no exception! I love the big goggled face!

Carol said...

I really love your tins, Annie--but you already know that ;) This one is so cute and the Snoopy flash drive is a perfect thing to hide inside. Nice progress on your ABC SAL--and to some people a sailboat would be a yacht, indeed :)

I like the darker orange--looks really nice with the shade of blue on the bird. The June bear was a surprise, but it should be fun to see how everyone stitches that month up!

Hope this rain stops soon--what a gloomy month so far for us in the east...

♥ Nia said...

oh you always pick such cute ideas for those tins =) That's soooo adorable :D
Well done!! :D

Hetti said...

So cute the summer Altoid tins and the finish is perfect Annie!
And I like your changes in the ABC SAl and the Joyful World SAL
Wish you a lot of sunny days,
XXX Hetti

Angela said...

Lovely tin finishes!

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Love all of your stitching. So lovely. I especially like your tins. So special!

Cindy's Stitching said...

All so pretty. Love the altoid tin

Brigitte said...

I love your new altoid tin. Great pattern for the lid and an interesting idea to use the tin for a flash drive.
I love the changes you made to Maja's May block. That little bluebird gives a nice blue accent. And you are perfectly uo to date with Ele's ABC pattern. Great stitching.

Irene said...

che meraviglia l'astuccio e che bello che stiamo ricamando lo stesso SAL