Sunday, October 2, 2016

Hocus Pocus and Surprise Gifts

Taking a break from over-one stitching, I worked up a little piece for a Halloween card on 28-ct Cornflower Blue Jobelan over 2.   This design is from an old Shepherd's Bush freebie that is no longer free.  If you buy the 'Scary Sunflower' button that is meant to go in the upper left corner, then you get the pattern too.  I thought this pink button I had saved from an old sweater worked pretty well as a flower instead.  Not as scary as some Halloween designs, but I'm hoping it might work some magic for a couple of friends that are in need of a little cheer right now.

I'm almost done with the October Joyful World piece, but I decided not to wait for the finish, and instead do this post so I could show the lovely gifts I got from my longtime blogging buddy, Lee.   Lee had a giveaway for her recent blogaversary.  I didn't win that, but she decided to reward me anyway for being a long time commenter.   What a treasure trove of goodies she sent!

Lee has been working on woodland animal fobs this year and she sent me the most adorable owl.  Her work is always just exquisite and this fob is hanging from a cabinet nob now.  I just love it.

Next we have this assortment of charms and findings to use as embellishments.  Can you see the cute mouse among all these toys?  I actually thought it was a pig at first, but my eyes aren't what the used to be.

Still more... a lovely little notebook with a beautifully stitched floral cover, a vintage cookbook with designer recipes and charts, plus an owl-themed card.   I feel completely spoiled.  Thanks again, Lee.!

20 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

I'm sure your lovely card will boost the spirits of your friends! It's so cute and I love that you used a sweater button. It's perfect. Your owl from Lee is so cute!

Jane said...

that's a pretty button, did the stitching over two help? Love the owl, such wonderful treasure to get in the post

Brigitte said...

Your little Hocus Pocus sheep looks so lovely and you made a very nice card with this design. Not scary but I think a Halloween cards doesn't need to be scary. My favorite motifs for Halloween are witches but not necessarily the scary ones but the friendly ones.

Wonderful gifts from Lee.

blue star stitcher said...

Love the witches hat on the Shepherd's Bush sheep. And what a nice gift from Lee, those charms are adorable. My eyes got squinty just thinking about the tiny stitches on that owl!

Mii Stitch said...

Sweet stitching!
That little owl fob is so so so cute!!!!

Margaret said...

Absolutely love the Hocus Pocus -- so so cute! And what a lovely present from your friend too! Bet it was fun to open!

Robin in Virginia said...

The Hocus Pocus card is adorable. Love the fabric color! What a nice assortment of goodies you received from your friend!

gracie said...

Nice stitching and lovely gift from Lee...

Anonymous said...

Love your hocus pocus! Your friend who will be receiving this should be very delighted! I love the tiny charms for finishing, as they add so much to a piece of stitching! Lovely gifts as well.

Mini said...

The card is lovely. You received such goodies from Lee. The owl is adorable.

Hetti said...

So cute is the Hocus Pocus card and the button fits well with this color and print! Such a nice gifts from Lee, the charms are beautiful!!
XXX Hetti

Karen said...

That little sheep card is so cute and I love the pink button. Lucky you getting those nice gifts, you deserve them!

Sandra said...

Hi Annie!!! Love that little sheep!!! Is adorable! Those charms are so cute, the owl is so pretty and you're right the mouse is so pretty.

Desiree Ehleiter said...

I adore your Scary Sunflower, and the lovely card you made out of it! That will brighten anyone's day. Your gifts were wonderful, especially the little mouse embellishment. As I always say, "You gotta love the mouse!"

Carol said...

The pink button works great on this cute Hocus Pocus card, Annie :) Good choice!

Lee's gifts are so special and I know you'll put all of those teeny charms to good use. Love the little mushrooms :)

Hope you are enjoying some sunny October weather!

Cindy's Stitching said...

I finally have access to blogs. Love the owl. So many pretty pieces

Cindy's Stitching said...

I finally have access to blogs. Love the owl. So many pretty pieces

ArchangelDecker said...

Love all of your finishes. I like the pink button substitution.

I am jealous of your bird notebook. It looks like a BBD design and it is so, so pretty! :)

Summer said...

The charms are so pretty ♥

Sheryl said...

Lovely Hocus Pocus design, love the colours and the pretty button flower. Great gifts from Lee and all those charms are going to be very useful on your different finishes.