Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Burgundy Fetching Fingerless Gloves

Not much crafting going on in these parts.  Somehow there are too many other things to do and I'm exhausted by the time evening comes and my eyes don't want to do anymore close up work.  Hoping this is a temporary lull, but we'll see.  Maybe it's also due to the new Verizon Fios Triple-Play installation that has me playing with the TV more!

I did manage to knit a new pair of fingerless gloves from the "Fetching" pattern that I love.  I thought I had lost my favorite purple pair, but I found them again after I was half-way through knitting.  No problem... I can always use another pair.  These are made from Paton's Classic wool in burgundy.  A little snug, but they 'fit like a glove' as the saying goes.  I'm sure they will stretch some as well. 

The wristwatch does actually have a face and hands.  The camera just couldn't see them.



16 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Your fingerless gloves are lovely. I really like the color. Way to go!

KimM said...

Oh my gosh! I love these! ''Tis the season...
xxx

Jane said...

love these, it's a great pattern and a really warming colour

Mii Stitch said...

Great gloves and the colour is really pretty!!
Hope the stitching bug will return soon :)
I thought of you the other day while doing the grocery shopping... I found my first altoid tin!!! Ok, it was full of mints but I finally could picture your finishes... they are much smaller than I thought :)

Anonymous said...

I love fingerless gloves!

Vickie said...

Excellent work Annie! ♥

Sheryl said...

These gloves are lovely Annie, what a pretty colour.

Brigitte said...

You found a great pattern for your fingerless gloves. And that colour is so beautiful.

Margaret said...

Love your mitts! Very nice! Sorry you've been in a lull. These things happen. Enjoy your new Verizon Fios! (We have it too, mainly because I want Tennis Channel. lol!)

Carol said...

I always seem to have less energy in the evenings after the time changes each fall, Annie. And now I'm battling jet-lag after being in San Diego recently... Anyway, your new gloves look so pretty and that color is perfect. I am so allergic to wool, I'd never be able to even touch them, but they are so beautiful to look at :)

Enjoy your Triple Play!!

blue star stitcher said...

What a pretty color for those gloves. My favorite running jacket when it gets cold has finger holes in the sleeves to keep your hands tucked in. I can't stand once my hands get so cold that I can feel it in my bones.

Karen said...

Those look like a very nice thing to have and they are very pretty, too!

Penny said...

Very pretty, Annie! I don't find a lot on t.v, but I have gotten stuck binging on Netflix. : )

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Those gloves are lovely. I've been using all my free time shopping online for the holidays. :-(

Kirsten said...

Very nice color! I actually knitted a pair of Fetchings too some time ago. Forgot to take a photo, though. Seems like I'm not into blogging anymore...

Annette said...

So getting back to blogland.. missed it so much.
You havent sit still :)
I'm doing a quick look at all your post!!
So many things, the tins , the monthly SALs
All your crochet and stitching pieces so beautifull.
I hope to keep up again. there are so beautifull.

Already have snow?
If you don't like it, please send it to me.. 2 years without snow already.. I;m not liking it