Monday, January 30, 2017

Valentine and Birthday Cards


Still doing very little crafting, but it's very satisfying when I manage to do it.  I'm picking tiny charts so I have a chance of finishing them in some reasonable amount of time.   I made this Valentine card from a Tra La La design.   Such a sweet little cup of love.  It's on 36 ct linen and I'm glad to know I can still do 18 stitches per inch!


I have been stitching a birthday card for my brother every year since as long as I can remember.  I usually look for a theme that would be of interest or relevant to him.  Kind of ran out of ideas this year, so I went with a generic birthday cake.  Everybody loves cake, right!
This was from a World of Cross Stitching freebie you can get here.  I think the fabric is 32-count.  I liked it because the white showed up so well.


Two more of the Snowflower Diaries Joyful World designs are now ready for display on the fridge.
I panicked when I accidentally cut the sides without enough seam allowance.  But sometimes recovery is where the fun is, and I managed to get it to work out with a little border fabric.

Took longer than I expected of course, but I still had the mojo to do March as well so I'm ahead of hte game.  I must say that the grommet pliers are really working well after all these years.


22 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Great job on the cards and the finishing of the Joyful World blocks! I really like the design for the Valentine. Which Tra La La design did it come from?

Sheryl said...

Lovely cards Annie, always nice to receive a homemade one and pretty finishes on the Snowflower Diaries pieces. I´m still way behind with mine.

gracie said...

Great card stitching. I love how you are finishing the calendar....I had stopped stitching them for a few reasons and finishing was one of them. I may try this way.

ArchangelDecker said...

I love everything!

Vickie said...

All four finishes are super Annie. It feels good to not have stitching just sitting there, doesn't it?! The link to the freebie cake doesn't work.

Margaret said...

Fantastic! I love the Joyful World designs and how you are finishing them. I would have just freaked out and not been able to solve the problem if I'd cut the borders too small. Love the cards too. Yes, I'm sure your brother will like the cake card -- everyone loves cake!

Jane said...

so glad you've still been able to do some stitching, I love those hangers, I've always struggled with the rivets, might have another go one day

Preeti said...

Beautiful stitching! Your finishes are looking great.

Mini said...

You always choose best patterns for cards. Your Joyful world finishes are lovely.

twinpeakprimitives said...

Such great works and finishes!

I have noticed that, I am not one of the followers of the blog. I do not know how long I've dropped from the follower's list. I'm surprised and I apologize for this.

All the best ♥

Mii Stitch said...

I am sure your brother is going to love his homemade card! Look at that yummy looking cake?? Wish it was a real one ;)
Very pretty stitching and finishing on the Snowflower's designs. Clever to use grommets too for the finish. Your finished pieces look lovely.

Anonymous said...

I always love the cards you make...nice idea for all of the smalls you do! And the grommets on the monthly pieces is so smart! I love the idea. Your work is lovely always!

Carol said...

I love that you stitch your brother a card each year, Annie! Do you think he saves them? He would have quite a nice collection by now :) And you're right--cake is the perfect choice for anyone!

The little teacup card is darling, too--that design would make a cute little pillow for my collection. Hmmm...

Great job on finishing up the February and March designs--I'm sure they brighten up your kitchen. Can hardly believe January is over today! Another year flying by...

Cindy's Stitching said...

the cards are pretty. your fridge pieces are so nice. I adore these designs, maybe one day I will do these.

Astrids dragon said...

Your cards are very sweet and I love the finishes on your months!

Penny said...

Your cards are always so beautifully made, Annie. And I think you did an excellent job of recovery. : ) Your monthly finishes are so pretty!

Brigitte said...

Oh Annie, these are two gorgeous new cards that you show here. Great motifs, and yes, nearly everyone love a cake for their birthday.
Great finishing on your monthly designs.

Jackie's Stitches said...

So cute! The Snowflower Diaries are really finishing up nicely and I'm sure your brother really appreciates the card.

Desiree Ehleiter said...

The two cards are wonderful. And the way you are finishing off your Snowflower Diaries pieces... Love, love, love!

Hetti said...

The beautiful stitching and cards matching so very well Annie, it's a pleasure to look at them!
The idea to display the months on the fridge is so clever of you and the finishing is perfect! Love them very much :-))
XXX Hetti

Nima said...

I love your calendar page finishes.. beautifully done

♥ Nia said...

All lovely and looking pretty!! :)