Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Spring assortment et al.

If you follow me on IG, you will have seen all of this stitching.  But here is a summary of finishes since my last post.

Spring took a long time to show up this year, and we were all happy to see its arrival, wet as it has been.  I stitched this cute Spring welcome card to send in honor of the season change.   It's a freebie by Silver Cute Dwarf and you can get the chart here.   It's on 36 count linen and uses a few beads for the flowers. 




My niece took a vacation to Paris this spring and I stitched this Bon Voyage card for her.   The original design had Notre Dame in the the upper right.  I found a nice little charted Arc De Triomphe online somewhere that I liked better, so I substituted it. Although my niece did not take her dog with her, she does have a little dog like the one in the design.   The design is from the DMC Europe SAL and you can get the chart here.  I used 18 count Aida for this.  Hadn't stitched on Aida is quite some time!



I needed a 'boy' birthday design so I searched for something nautical.   I found this cute ship in a bottle  by La Comtesse et le Point De Croix.    You can get the chart here.  I had planned to use an old vintage world map in the background, but the map I had was too big.  So I just hunted through my folder of stickers for some 'sea' things.  Then I got the bright idea to cut the opening in the shape of the bottle and I think that worked out pretty well. This is on 36 count linen also.  Neither of these two photos shows the real colors, but that's the best I could do.  I incorporated the words 'Smooth Sailing' on the inside greeting after seeing something like that elsewhere on line.


I started Plum Street Samplers "Turkey Bay" about a year ago just for stress relief at the time.  I needed something colorful and easy to stitch.  Didn't care if I ever finished it.  Eventually I did complete the stitching, but only now turned it into a pillow.    It's done on HDF Old Gray Mare 32 count linen.  A simple finish, but I'm very happy with it.



Another design that I stitched a while ago, but just finished is "Honey Bee",  number 3 in the Blackbird Designs Garden Club series.  I'm just using this as a little mat on which to rest my glasses, keys, remote, whatever.  It's on 32 count lambs wool Jobelan if I remember correctly.


Happy Stitching to all as we head into June!

14 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Annie, I always enjoy seeing the cards you create. Well done on all your finishes!

Vickie said...

What cute cards! Wow! Turkey Bay is so cool. I like Honey Bee a lot.

Jane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane said...

Think spring was late everywhere this year. Lovely makes Annie, love the Paris one and your little cushion

Preeti said...

Beautiful finishes! Turkey bay looks lovely. I recently visited Paris with my family.

Annie said...

Thanks.

Julie said...

Yu have been busy. The ship in a bottle card is fabulous.

Margaret said...

You always stitch great designs, and your finishing is always on point too. Love seeing these.

Brigitte said...

So much lovely stitching, Annie. I alway love to see your cards, the motifs you stitch are always so thoughtfully chosen and the finishing is perfect.

Carol said...

You are becoming the queen of card-making, Annie! I really love how you cut the card opening for the ship card--just perfect! Amazing how the colors on the card look so completely different in those two photos--on my screen the top is navy blue and the bottom is green... The little PSS pillow is adorable--love the turkeys swimming in the water :)

And the colors in the BBD are lovely--I may have to stitch the right side of that one just for my bee bowl!

Hoping your June is off to a good start :)

Gina E. said...

Love all your stitching Annie! So nice to see them made up into usable items such as mats and cushions, as well as the cards :-)

Jackie's Stitches said...

You always are so creative! I love your finishes and how you personalize them!

Manuela said...

Wonderful finishes.
Manuela

Astrids dragon said...

You have been busy! They all look great, but I especially love the bottle and how you finished the card.