Thursday, August 9, 2018

Fun little projects

So, I always stuff my small pillow-type finishes with orts (i.e. thread clippings).  Takes a long time to accumulate enough of them for even a tiny piece.  They pack down so much!  But I had a nice little bag of them save up,  I decided to make a little pin cushion from this old Prairie Schooler  freebie, "Stick it Here".  It's stitched on 28 ct over 2  on Cashel linen.   The trim came from my friend Hetti, who graciously sent me a bag of stitchy goodies.  Such a funny little design!



For some time I had wanted to stitch "Sweeping The Garden" by  Barbara Ana.  This design was in the Fall, 2017 issue of Punch Needle and Primitive Stitching.    I never quite knew what I would do with it, but I fnally thought a little zippered case/coin purse would be just the thing.  This is on 36 ct Edinburgh linen over 2.   I really should have stuck with putting the zipper near the top, on the side.  It's so much easier.  But I like getting things in and out of the case better when the zipper is on top.  This is a little gift for a friend and the mouse design was perfect for her.. an inside joke between the two of us.



I recently noticed an empty mini-box of  Russell Stover Valentine's Day chocolates lying around when I was searching for something completely different.  I had saved it with the intention of doing a heart-shaped stitched box top, but you know how that goes.  Never got around to it.  But I remembered the "Mary Valentine's Handework" designs by  With Thy Needle and Thread and I knew there was a perfect design for this in that set.   This is on 36 ct Summer Khaki Edinburgh.  I used my own color conversions to DMC.  And the mini pom pom trim is again, courtesy of Hetti.  Pretty easy to put together.  I gave this to my cousin who has just opened her own micro-hair salon and recently had an open-house party to celebrate.


15 comments:

Terri Patillo said...

So neat! Love this!

gracie said...

Every thing is so perfect!

MartinaM said...

Nice Motivs, great finishes.
Martina

Jane said...

Love the hedgehog, perfect for a pincushion

Manuela said...

Wonderful finishes.

Vickie said...

Haha! The hedgehog had me laughing. That mouse coin purse is a sweet, sweet gift! And so is the lovely heart box. :)

Robin in Virginia said...

A very lovely trio of finished finishes, Annie! Enjoy your weekend!

Carol said...

You are the best at turning your stitching into unique and fun (and useful!!) projects, Annie... That little mouse is just the cutest :) And the PS finish is one I need to stitch, too. Love your perfect heart gift and I’m sure your cousin did, too! What is a micro hair salon, though? I wish her the best of luck in her new venture! Enjoy your weekend:)

Mii Stitch said...

Lol, like Carol, I am wondering what is a micro hair salon?! As always you've finished your stitching beautifully. Each finishes are all so different and will be much appreciated by the recipients.

Hetti said...

Love the different designs and ofcourse the beautiful finishing. So nice to see the use of the trims :-))))
XxX Hetti

Margaret said...

I am in love with all three of these finishes. I swear, you are so creative! And the designs are right up my alley -- just my taste. Wonderful stuff!

Astrids dragon said...

Oh Annie, these are all wonderful finishes! "Stick is Here" is fantastic!

Brigitte said...

These little things are just fantastic, Annie. Wonderful stitching and such great finishing ideas. Should I ever be short of finishing ideas I would come to your blog and have a look around.
You chose some amazing designs, I love them all. But Barbara Ana's little mouse is so special, so cute.

Mini said...

You always have the most unique ideas for finishing projects. I love all the finishes here.

Julie said...

Sweet finishes, the heart shaped one is lovely.