My first cross stitch envelope has reached my partner in the exchange on Stitchin' Fingers. Have to confess...I cheated. I mailed it inside of another envelope. Just couldn't bring myself to mail it without any protection at all.
I found it more difficult than I expected. Planning the layout was complicated. I made a mistake in placement and had to improvise at the end for the construction. That's why you see the flap made from the lining fabric. I sewed the side seams by hand since they were kind of bulky. I think I might look for a different construction method if I were to do another one of these.
I used the free Quaker house design from Annie Beez Folk Art on the front and the Nesting Bird design from Aury on the back. The fabric is Vikki Clayton linen and the lining has a design of houses in case you can't see that in the photo.