Thursday, January 5, 2012

Completed Birthday Village

Not a lot to show today. I've been stitching and crafting, but mostly for gifts that haven't been sent out. Plus I've been experimenting with different ideas I see on the web just for fun that don't necessarily turn into finished items.

But at long last the San Man Birthday Village is all done. As I suspected, the December installment was Christmas-themed so I knew I would be changing it. Too bad since as charted it had a very cute Santa and reindeer flying over the roof. My modifications are ok, but not nearly as cute. In this village, you really have to dress in layers since the seasons seem to change as you walk along the street. Anyway, here is snowy December sans Santa and Christmas decorations. I changed the house to blue from red, removed a wreath from the front door, removed decorations from the tree, added a bird and re-positioned the snowflakes! Whose design is this anyway?



And the whole village laid out in a row that you can view if you have a magnifying glass I guess. It's clickable so you can see it a little bit larger. Also, you can use the Birthday Village SAL tag to find the previous posts with the close ups of each month if you are interested.

24 comments:

Jane said...

Well done on getting it finished. What are you going to do with it now?

CATHI said...

This village is sooo cute! Just gorgeous! Love it!

Cathi

Margaret said...

It is so cute! Congrats on finishing it! I like how you adapted the pattern.

Carol said...

It really is adorable, Annie, and I think your changes are perfect. I love the tiny red cardinal with the branch in his mouth... I'll be looking forward to seeing how you end up finishing it :)

Jackie's Stitches said...

I like the changes you made. Wintery and windy looking. I was trying to pick out my favorite house but I don't think I could settle on one.

Pumpkin said...

That's awesome Annie! How will you finish it? I think your changes are just fine :o)

Joanie R. said...

Beautiful job..i'm up to October on mine.....i'm going to frame mine and put it up over my kitchen doorway.

Joanie R.

Theresa said...

This is so adorable!!!!! Congratulation on your finish~~~~

Liz in Kansas said...

I love the whole village. And, with your modifications, it is truly one of a kind. As always, you've done a great job.

barbara said...

That is super-cute!! Will you get a great big long frame for it, or display it some other way?

Lee said...

Congratulations on your finish, the village looks great, well worth all the time it took.

SARITHA@RAINBOWBUNTING said...

It looks extremely cute!!Very good job!!

Blu said...

Your Birthday Village looks amazing.
I have no idea what the originals look like, but your changes fit right in.

Nancy said...

Such a cheerful piece Annie, and all of your changes make it so uniquely yours! A wonderful finish!

Anne said...

Super cute Annie! I love that little cardinal!! I couldn't even tell that you changed the design at all! It looks fantastic!

Siobhán said...

It looks great, Annie, and I love the changes! Especially the cardinal. ;)

Melanie said...

You made it all your own - very cool! And cute. :)

Anne said...

WOW! the village is beautiful. Love it and also how you personalized it! The colours are so real! :)

Hetti said...

Hahahhaaa, I love your comment on the changes you have made on the december house Annie!
The village is beautiful and the blue house at the end catch my eyes immediately ;-)))
Hugs,

Annette said...

That looks so beautifull... congratz on the finish!!
You made a lovely piece!!

♥ Nia said...

Uhuuuuuu! all done! And it looks amazing :D
Great work sweetie, congrats!! :D

Nicky said...

Fantastic Annie, I love that you've really made it your own ........ very individual now!

tina said...

I love this Village!! But you can get involved?? How!?
Tina from Italy

sylerkal said...

Hello
Very beautiful village ! Where can i find the chart to do it ? I'm living in France !!thanx a lot
You stitch a lot of really beautiful things !
sylviane