Saturday, August 19, 2017

Thank you cards

And my thank you card production continues for all those who have helped me out lately.  This sweet one is a design by L R De Rien.   It was a complete pleasure to stitch.  I stitched it on 32 ct Jobelan over-2 and misjudged its final size since I usually do 36 ct over-2.  The 36 ct fabric is rapidly becoming a thing of the past for me as my eyes are rebelling and I don't want to be bothered with magnifiers and such.  At any rate, I made a larger card and decided to go 'square' just for fun.  Stopped by the post office for special over-size envelope stamps and I was good to go on this one.

Next was a sweet quickie (although not so quick at the rate I've been stitching lately).  This design is Shepherds Bush "Come Home", again on 32 count Jobelan over 2.  Gave me an opportunity to do one more 'rustic' (euphemism for 'a 4-year old could have cut-out a nicer heart shape')  heart window.

And hot off the needles,  I made a modified version of the Heart in Hand, August Joyful Journal.  This was stitched on 32ct Lugana in Summer Khaki.  Love that color because white shows up so well, but it seems like they don't make it anymore.  I found this lone piece on E-bay.

The "One bite" substitution for the original "August" refers to the poem/song, "Melinda Mae and the Whale"  by Shel Silverstein. The theme is tackling large problems one step at a time.  I'm in the midst of tackling large problems and I find the poem inspirational.




15 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What a fabulous set of cards you have created! I really like the design in the first one. I think you can still get 32 count summer khaki lugana online from Needleworker's Delight. Enjoy your weekend!

twinpeakprimitives said...

Beautiful cards you made ♥♥♥ Simply love them all.

Happy weekend

Vickie said...

Very clever and cute Annie. I hope those problems are conquered by you soon and that you have a good weekend at the very least my friend!

Robin B said...

I love the One Bite. It's perfect! Xoxo

Brigitte said...

Oh, such great cards that you show here. L'R de Rien is a great designer and I have some lovely designs by her. You stitched a very sweet one with the rabbit and the bird.
You might be right that they stopped producing the Summer Khaki colour at Zweigart's but I'm sure that you can still find it in some stores.

Jackie's Stitches said...

You make such beautiful cards! I hope you've been well and things are going good for you.

Anne said...

Lovely cards Annie! Such inspiration you are to me! Keep on stitchin'! :)

Jane said...

Love the colours in the top one and larger stitched cards are fabulous. Taking things one step at a time is good to do.

Mini said...

Beautiful cards you have made.

Margaret said...

They are all wonderful! I'm sure the recipients all appreciated their cards.

Carol said...

Each one is so sweet, Annie, but, I have to say, the first one calls my name with the bunny and the blue bird! Really adorable design :) I'm sure my heart cutting would be rustic, also--I can't even cut a straight line!

Ha ha!! That Shel Silverstein clip is adorable :) Thanks for sharing!

Julie said...

Such pretty cards, lucky folks who will be receiving these.

Desiree Ehleiter said...

Your cards are all very lovely. I admire that you finish a piece and then make it into a card right away. I need to find that type of discipline.

Rachel said...

These are such great finishes! I've never thought of making cards. I love how they turned out. The "one bite" substitution is an awesome idea, I love that story!

ArchangelDecker said...

Great finishes, but I LOVE this first one! Is that a freebie chart or is it a paid for chart?