Sunday, September 24, 2017

Assorted Cards

And the cross-stitch card machine rolls on.  Quick stitching, quick finishing.  About all I can handle during this time.

First up is this thank you card using a  modification of Snowflower Diaries "You are so Loved".
Basically I just took a partial chunk of the design to fit in the card space.   Her designs always look better in the hand-dyed threads she chose, but DMC is so much more convenient that I rarely go in for hand-dyeds.
 

Next we have a fang-tastic vampire duo from the Etsy shop "Crafty Like A Fox".  Easy stitching with no back-stitch and limited color palette.  Perfect for the couple who will be receiving it.  It seems that a lot of Etsy sellers are adopting this kind of modern look to their designs.  They seem to have that millennial, minimalist vibe.

Unfortunately, only a few months after the death of one of my beloved mentors and former employers,  another friend/mentor/former employer passed away.  I used another "Dear Rine" motif for a condolence card.  I hope I don't have reason to make any more these anytime soon.
 

I totally forgot to anticipate a friend's upcoming birthday so I did some diving into completed but not 'finish-finished'  designs to see what I could cobble together at the last minute.  This little design from "Cat's Whiskers" by Janie Hubble  filled the bill.  So tiny that I added some fabric trim.  The birthday boy was very appreciative.

And finally one more Halloween card that expresses my current state of mind.  This is "Just Batty" by Lizzie Kate, another very quick stitch.  I used seed beads for the boot buttons.  Seemed more proportionate.  The pretty brown and orange side ribbon and the adorable felt pumpkin sticker were given to me by our dear stitcher friend Carol of Stitching Dreams fame.   They were party of package she sent me that included assorted card making supplies and a cute note pad with matching stitcky notes.  Stitching friends are the best!



16 comments:

Vickie said...

You sure are great at creating unique cards Annie. And I hope your friends and family appreciate them!!

Robin in Virginia said...

Annie, your stitched cards look fabulous. It would be hard to pick a favorite.

Daffycat said...

Wonderful greeting cards! That vampire one is a real hoot!

Cindy's Stitching said...

Love all of the Cards. How pretty.

Jane said...

Quick stitching and finishing is just what we need and hand stitched cards convey lots of love when received.

Mii Stitch said...

Annie your card creations all look great!
My favourites have to be the Halloween ones, I always enjoy Halloween stitching. The colours and designs are great fun.

Margaret said...

They're all wonderful! I'm sorry, though, to hear you lost another mentor/friend. :( I do think my fave of the cards is the vampires. Very cute!

ArchangelDecker said...

I love them all! Great job! :)

Brigitte said...

So great to see another card post from you, Annie. I do love your card making skills and I always find inspiration in your posts. These new cards are gorgeous. I should also make some because I don't have anymore stitched cards in my box. Now just to find the time ...

Anonymous said...

Love all of the cards you make as always. And congrats to the lucky recipients! You manage to complete so many all the time...I am impressed! Hugs!

Carol said...

Oh, my, Annie--you have been one busy stitcher! I think you are fast becoming the queen of cross-stitched card making :) So glad you are finding a good use for some of my little supplies!

Hope it is cooling off for you in DC--our cool down comes tonight thank goodness...

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your cards are wonderful! You always to seem to find the right things to perfectly complement your stitching. I'm so sorry to hear you've lost another beloved mentor.

Desiree Ehleiter said...

I love your cards. I always need inspiration on how to finish off my small stitches to make them into cards.

twinpeakprimitives said...

Remarkable cards Annie. Your final touches made them more beautiful ♥♥♥

Have a wonderful weekend ♥

Julie said...

A beautiful selection you have created to give away, lucky people who will be getting one of these lovely hand crafted cards.

ricketyjo said...

Such lovely cards! They are all sweet but I think the Just Batty is my favourite :)