Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Valentines and Birthday Card


Time for a Valentine's day post!  Every year I send a Valentine's card to one family I know because they take that day very seriously!  They send out Valentines the way other people send out holiday cards in December.  Plus their cards are all hand designed.  This year I stitched the little roses design, "Petite Coeur" from Atalie.  It's done on 36 ct beige Edinburgh, 2 over 2.  Who knew that I could still see well enough to do that?
 

And here is the cute Valentine I received from my heart-loving friends.  Look at all the cool things she wrote....

Then I accidentally came across a Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery design from their Pen Pals Series.  Just too darn cute and I had to stitch it up!  This is stitched on 18 ct Dusk Aida from Sassy, a small scrap of fabric in my stash from a long time ago.   I sent it to my niece who was very appreciative.

Some time ago, I stitched up Isabelle Vautier's "Pause Cafe" on  36 ct over 2 Dirty Edinburgh linen.  It sat unfinished in a drawer.  But as Valentine's day approached, I felt the need to do something with it.  I made this quilty style mat to use as a big coaster or whatever.  Tricky to get that rick rack sewn correctly, but good enough for me.  Sent that to my  brother and SIL as a little Valentine surprise.



My brother's birthday is a week after Valentine's Day.  This year I made him a nice piece of chocolate cake from Lizzie Kate"s  "Birthday Blessings" on 16 ct caramel evenweave from Sassy.  I think he will like that I didn't try to stitch in all the candles! 

And did you hear that Lizzie Kate is retiring?  I guess she deserves a rest after all the designs she has produced over the years.  She will be missed, but there are plenty of her designs around to remind us of her.

Hope your Valentine's Day is filled with love an all good things!

15 comments:

Mini said...

Annie, you stitch some of the most beautiful cards on blog land. Your finishing ideas are very unique , look at the Pause Cafe piece.
Happy Valentine's day.

Robin in Virginia said...

Annie, your cards are gorgeous and the one you received is delightful. Happy Valentine's Day!

Sheryl said...

Hi Annie, what a lot of stitching- The Petite Coeur card is so pretty as is the Frosted Pumpkin design- I like the coffee mat too. Happy Valentine´s Day.

Vickie said...

I love your cards/gifts! Especially the Frosted Pumpkin one. :D Hope you are doing well Annie.❤️

Jackie's Stitches said...

Look at you stitching on 36 count! Your friends Valentines Day card is delightful - I love all the positive messages. I'm sure they just loved what you sent them1

Cindy's Stitching said...

So pretty. Beautiful. I can't believe lizzie kate is retiring, she will be missed.

DavidAsch said...

As the non-active member of the "Valentine Family" we loved your Valentine as well! Thanks, Annie!

Jane said...

you've been busy. Lizzie Kate has been around for as long as I've been cross stitching, think she definitely deserves a good retirement

Preeti said...

Your Valentines stitching finishes are all so beautiful:)

Margaret said...

So many great finishes! Love seeing everything. I did hear about Lizzie Kate. She will be missed in the stitching world for sure.

Carol said...

There was a lot of love flying out from your home, Annie--I'm sure everyone loves your handmade cards. They are all so cute and beautifully finished... And I love the book-themed card that you received, too :)

So sad about Lizzie Kate retiring, but I understand as I think she is in her early 60s and probably wanting to travel and just relax from the creative process. It can't be easy coming up with fresh ideas all the time... I know I could never do it.

Hard to believe February is half-over! Hope your month is going well ♥♥♥

Julie said...

So many beautiful things you have created, the heart shaped with the ric rac edge is beautiful.

Hetti said...

Even after a week of Valentine day your cards are gorgeous Annie!❤❤
XxX Hetti

Penny said...

I so admire your cards, Annie. You do such a lovely job with them! I was sad to hear about Lizzie Kate's retirement. I only really discovered her designs a short while ago, but have enjoyed the ones I've stitched. Hope you are doing well.

Brigitte said...

Oh Annie, such a lot of wonderful stitching. I also stitched the heart by Atalie but made it into a hanging heart ornament. When seeing your card I feel that I should stitch it again and make it into a card as well. So beautiful.
I didn't know that Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery has a pen pal series. Looks great what you stitched. I have to go and look for the series as I once loved pen palling a lot.
Isabelle Vautier's hearts are awesome, aren't they? I have stitched some but still have several in my stash. Time to maybe stitch another one. Your finishing of the heart is gorgeous.