Monday, December 25, 2017

Holiday Stitching

Long time, no post.  So here's a wrap-up of the as yet un-documented stitching, more or less in order of completion.

The first is "Kitten Mitten", a Cricket Collection freebie you can get here.  That kitten actually looked like a bear to me.  I just did a quick finish by sewing on a backing and blanket stitching around the edge.  Not a favorite of mine now, but it got the urge to stitch it out of me.



Next we have "Happy Snowman", a freebie from Shepherd's Bush that you can get here.  It's done on Cornflower Blue 28 count Jobelan over-2.  I expected this to be made into a card, but when I completed the stitching, I realized it was a perfect size for an Altoid tin top.   So another one of those under my belt  and it does make a cute gift for this time of year.





For whatever reason,  I really wanted to stitch Blackbird Designs "Be Mine".   I suppose it had been on my list for years, but I don't know why it suddenly rose to the top.  Anyway it's done on 36 count over-2 Vikki Linen.   I  used all DMC and adjusted the colors a little bit.  Then I added the little crocheted flower for a bit of interest.   I sort of followed an old tutorial of Vonna's on the wayback machine to construct it.  Her tute showed sewing the lining on by hand, but I did it by machine.  We both left the top open and just folded the top edge down inside the stocking.  So a very rough finish and not meant to hold any treats.  Just a decorative ornament.  I'm quite taken with this finish.



I had always planned to stitch a few of the Brookes Books Advent Calendar Animals.  This Polar Bear was a clear favorite.  I was planning to make this into an ornament for a friend, but that never happened.  I did need a card at the last minute though and this little guy filled the bill.  This is  done on a pre-cut tri-fold window card.  Carol was kind enough to send me some cardmaking supplies a while back and this one really came in handy to do a quick finish.


Finally, I was going through some old magazines and discovered "Winter Walk" by The Little Stitcher from the  Feb, 2014  issue of JCS.    I took out the bottom border and omitted one tree to make this card-sized.   Finished it up this morning to replenish the stock pile!

Seasons Greetings to everyone!

19 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

All beautiful stitches, gorgeously finished and perfectly lovely!

gracie said...

Wonderful stitching and finishing.

Vickie said...

Oh I like your finishes very much Annie. :)

Robin in Virginia said...

What fun finishes you created! I really like the snowman on the cornflower blue jobelan fabric. Well done!

Penny said...

I always love the things you stitch, Annie! And you do a lovely job finishing, too! I love that little Polar Bear. : )

Jane said...

you've been busy, I love the snowman tin. I've always been in awe of your tins, always beautifully finished

Gina E. said...

Just want you to know I still pop in to see what you have been up to! Like you said a few posts ago, I also use my blog as a way of keeping a record of my work,but I haven't been as productive this year due to a shock diagnosis of bladder cancer. It has all been sorted out now, but I'm finding it hard to keep my mojo energised :-(

Robin B said...

I, too, love the tin so much, and I'm smitten by the cocoa-loving polar bear! So adorable!

Mini said...

Nice wrap of finishes. I'm a big fan of your altoid tin finishes. The cards are lovely too.

Brigitte said...

Everything you show here is so beautifully stitched, Annie. And I have always loved your finishing ideas. Particularly the cards you make, they are all very special.
I hope you were having a great Christmas Day.

Julie said...

So many pretty things in this post, I do love the tin finish.

Margaret said...

Everything looks wonderful! I admire you for not only stitching beautifully, but finishing beautifully too. Every single time. Happy holidays and all that!

Hetti said...

I love al these little lovely cutties Annie!
Wish you a very nice,creative and healthy 2018!
And more of this sweeties on Instagram :-)))
XXX Hetti

Karen said...

Lovely stitching and finishing! That Blackbird Designs stocking is perfect for Valentine's Day.

Carol said...

Finally catching up on blogs (and life), Annie! I'm so pleased to see what you've been up to, and I love that you are stitching whatever strikes your fancy! You are so brave to do a stocking finish--it is very cute and I like the little crocheted flower you've attached, too.

And you know how I feel about your Altoid tin finishes--this little snowman is the perfect size for one.

Glad the cards have come in handy--the I♥Cocoa guy is darling :)

Hope you are staying warm down there--this is not the mild winter they were predicting, is it?

Sheryl said...

Such pretty work Annie, love the Altoid tin and lovely Be Mine design and finish. Happy New Year.

Desiree Ehleiter said...

I love all of your finishes! Beautiful!

♥ Nia said...

LOL! Not a bear... just a little fat cat ;) hahahahahah
All your finishes look adorable! great work :D
Hope you had a lovely christmas season and with you all the best for the new year!! hugs :D

Meari said...

Your end of year finishes turned out great! Congrats. :)