Friday, November 23, 2018

Halloween, Birthday and Get Well cards

Time for an end of fall stitching summary.  I forget about this blog since I post my finishes on IG, but the Thanksgiving holiday gave me some time to think about it!

First up is  "Checkers the Pumpkin"  an old  Pam Kellogg freebie from Kreinik  that you can still get here.  I stitched it all in DMC, no beads, on 36 ct linen 2 over 2.  He's a jolly little guy and I don't know why it took so many years for me to get around to stitching him.


I love the new little bowl top designs by Heart in Hand.  This is "Hocus Pocus Halloween", used for a card, not a bowl, but it works well for this purpose.  I like the addition of funky stitckers to the funky pumpkin.  


Although I tend to shy away from heavy back-stitching, I coudn't resist this Durene Jones freebie, "Happy Harvest".   It's done on 32 ct Lugana.  I sent it out somewhat before Halloween since it's more a fall design than a Halloween one.

The design is on FB and I don't think you need to be a member to access this link:
Free Chart

Here's another pattern that's been on my to-do list for years and I think it's ideal for a birthday card.  It's by Veronique Enginger from "Mode d'Hier et D'aujourd'hui au Point de Croix"  and stitched on light blue 36 ct linen.  Of course I wrote "Happy Birthday and all that jazz" as the inside sentiment.   The recipient loved it as I suspected she would.  It's a very clever design, don't you think?

A friend of mine took a fall recently and it ended in a very bad broken wrist.  I had this design stitched up and waiting for the right time to use it.  It became a get well card in a wink. The pattern is from "Douce Méditerranéeand is a freebie on the Art du Fil FB page.  You can get it here.





11 comments:

Vickie said...

Such wonderful cards Annie!The Durene Jones one is so sweet. Veronique Enginger is always classy!!

Jane said...

Love the jazz card, it's a brilliant design and I'm not surprised it was well received

MartinaM said...

So beautiful cards, and all the motifs fit so well together.
Martina

butterfly said...

What beautiful cards and stitching .
Enjoy your weekend.

Robin in Virginia said...

What gorgeous cards you stitched and put together! Well done!

Jackie's Stitches said...

Love your card finishes! Adorable! I'm not a fan of backstitching either but sometimes it worth it!

Julie said...

A beautiful selection of handmade cards for your recipients to enjoy.
I remember doing a Pam Kellogg SAL a few years back... that little pumpkin is really cute.

Margaret said...

What wonderful cards! The recipients are very lucky to get them! Oh gosh, it's almost the end of November -- I'd better post on my blog too!

Carol said...

The "Queen of Stitched Cards" does it again! Each of these is so darling, Annie--I think my favorite is the little girl with her pumpkins :) I hope your friend's wrist heals up quickly!

Enjoy this last little bit of November--can hardly believe 2018 is nearing its end...

ricketyjo said...

What sweet cards, they are just lovely!

Sheryl said...

Lovely cards and stitching Annie, all very cheerful and different.