Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Talk about ambitious...

I found out that my cousin's wife's sister is making a cross-stitch wedding chuppa (canopy) used in Jewish weddings for her daughter who is to be married in Nov. You can see what I'm talking about here: chuppas She hopes that it will be used by her other 2 daughters eventually as well. She is designing it herself. I don't know what the design is like, but I do know she is at the 'gridding' stage now. This sounds like quite an ambitious project. She made a beautiful self-designed sampler for her parents 35th anniversary that had motifs with dates stitched that represented all the key events and milestones of their married life. It was gorgeous so I know that she knows what she is doing. But Nov. can come around pretty quickly! I'll be very interested in seeing this piece.

2 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Wow, that is an ambitious project ... and November is not far away, really. Good luck to her!

I've followed the link for your blog over from wXSw and I think you've been working on some really neat projects!

Rachel S-H said...

That does sound ambitious, but it will be gorgeous.