Friday, October 3, 2008

Trick or Treat Bag Tag Update

All the trick or treat tags have now arrived at their new home. I just wanted to mention one recipient, Cynthia (Beestitcher), whose story really touched me. If you didn't notice her comment, Cynthia teaches a cross-stitch class to girls who are victims of child abuse. She plans to use the tag as a prize in a contest and a way to show the girls the kinds of things they can make once they master the techniques. I finished up three more tags to include in her package. They were designs I stitched last year as part of the Halloween Tree SAL on the WXSW yahoo group of Helga Mandl. These were from Periphaeria Designs. I meant to make them into fridgies, but I never did. So I made them into no-sew tags. I used 'Stitch Witchery' to attach them to a felt backing. Cynthia pointed out the irony of the product name given that these are for Halloween.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

that was a really nice thing to do annie and i hope the girls like the little prizes when they get them :)

Paula C. said...

Wow! Those are really cute!

Sandra said...

Those are really cute!

mainely stitching said...

They are so cute. :D

Pumpkin said...

What a wonderful story and that's so kind of you to include even more for her :o) Great job Annie!

staci said...

That is so wonderful of you to make more!!! Well done :)