Sunday, December 21, 2008

My Bag...

And the final luggage tag of 2008 is now complete. I got really tired of making these and I kind of shortchanged the workmanship on this one. This is a design I adapted from a back issue of the Cross Stitcher UK magazine. It's done on pale pink 18 count Aida. I used pink X & O eyelets. Couldn't find the satin cord I like in pink so I chose a pink velvet ribbon for the hanger. The intended recipient loves pink.



The backing fabric is a nice girly print. Thanks to Sandra for sending me this. It worked perfectly for this tag.



And thanks to Claire for letting me know that she is the designer of the Home Sweet Home tag in my previous post. I'm not sure how I found that design since she hasn't blogged about it yet, although it is in her on-line album. Maybe I was googling images.

Happy Hanukkah to all who celebrate!

10 comments:

Liz in Kansas said...

I wish I had seen these when I was traveling so much for my job. Got really tired of rifling through 40 black bags with wheels! A bright pink tag would have been a great solution! Your giftees are so lucky!

Cameo said...

VERY cute -- I don't think that you shortchanged this one at all -- it's beautiful!!

Keep Stitching!
Cameo

Ginnie said...

Lovely tag and great idea...

mainely stitching said...

Gotta make some of these the next time we go home to Maine!!

Mylene said...

That's a lovely tag, Annie.

Olga said...

A fantastic luggage tag. It's really a great idea to make such bright tags.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Annie.
And I like your stocking with a dove a few posts down as well!
Happy Hanukkah!

Kirsten

Chris said...

Another beautiful piece.

Happy Holidays!

Sandra said...

Wow! That's perfect! I love the way you finished the lid, It's a perfect match for the skaters!

And the tag is lovely! I was pleasantly surprised to see the fabric, didn't remember it ;o) You're right, works perfectly for the design!

Happy Hanukkah Annie!

Pumpkin said...

The tag sure looks good to me :o)