Monday, December 8, 2008

Peace in the World

"Peace in the World" by Charlotte's Web Needlework in the 2005 JCS ornament issue had been on my list to stitch for a while. I finally completed it this year and sent it to my floss daughter Miek. I changed the dove to blue so it would show up better since I don't like stitching with metallic floss. And I wanted to feature Dutch and Swedish as two of the languages so I had to eliminate a couple of languages from the original design.




Just about the time she received it, I received a gift package from Miek with this dear little ornament that she stitched for me and some more of her lovely hand dyed fabric pieces.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love both of the ornaments! The peace-ornament was a perfect gift to send to your flossdaughter and the christmastree-ornament you received was wonderful!

Pumpkin said...

You did a fantastic job Annie! It's very special to be able to exchange ornaments with a long distance friend :o)

Sandra said...

Your peace ornament is beautiful! I like the changes, blue is a peaceful color, way better than metallics for the dove. The words look wonderful.

Miek also did a great job! The tree is a very simple design but yet so festive! It looks lovely!

Mylene said...

Great job on the ornaments, Annie. Both looks great!!

Anonymous said...

I need help. I have been on Gazette 94's blog and she has a freebies from Comme la cigale on her site I would love to do, but I cannot find it on Comme la cigale's blog or on Gazette 94's blog. I noticed you had a comment on Gazette 94 blog, but I do not know how to contact her. The pattern I want is Just a little pocket. Can you help me? Thanks so much. My e-mail is jaomma1@aol.com