Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Winter Exchange

If you are a regular reader of Mylene's blog, you will have already seen these photos, but for the record, I'm posting them here. Mylene and I did a personal exchange with a winter theme. We've both received each other's stitching.

I decided to make a lined zippered pouch. I used 2 designs from the 2008 JCS ornie issue. I can't believe how much I've stitched from that issue given that I didn't think it was so great when I first bought it. The first side is "Let it Snow" by Country Cottage Needleworks. Did you notice how almost all the designers had 'Let it snow' lettering for their snowmen? I don't really like snow in real life, so I don't choose to stitch that command. I changed it to 'Snow Days':



Side 2 is a Primrose Needleworks design. I changed the wording on that also to be more wintery and less x-masy:



I'm not sure what the fabric is. It was a gift. I don't know whether that is an evenweave like Lugana or something else. I don't use many evenweave fabrics so I'm not familiar with the different types.

As usual, the zipper gave me a lot of grief. I try a different technique every time I insert one and I'm still looking for a foolproof method.

Mylene stitched a beautiful ornament for me from the same issue. I actually was considering stitching that one for her. That would have been quite a co-inky-dink. It's hanging from a knob on a cabinet right now where I can look at it often. I love it!

9 comments:

Daffycat said...

Beautiful little pouch. I love the zipper ~ I must try sometime!

Olga said...

Both exchanges are very pretty.

staci said...

That zippered pouch is awesome!!! I love both the front and back, congrats on such a wonderful job!!!

Mylene said...

You finished it perfectly, Annie and i am very happy receiving this beautiful work of yours.

Anonymous said...

i love the changing of the words
and as always, very beautiful made.
miek

Jane said...

What a lovely exchange. The pouch turned out really well

Pumpkin said...

What a great idea you had Annie! Very cool :o)

The ornie you received is very lovely. I think you both did very well in this exchange :o)

Sandra said...

The pouch is just perfect! I love the designs you chose.

Mylene did a wonderful job too. Bet you would have laughed if it was the same, but that only shows how we are all connected.

Rachel S-H said...

That is a cool pouch.