Monday, May 26, 2008

One more cutie

I had a Duh! moment and had to make one more little doll to try out another technique for making the dolls. I'd forgotten that I could just make a fabric mat and sew the face behind the fabric, kind of a like a tuck pillow. Once that occurred to me, I had do a test. I used a Flemish crochet motif. The cross stitch face is by Sue Cook. And I added the beads around the face to dress her up a little. I like this method best so far. The pic is before stuffing so I could do a proper scan.



Down to the back-stitching on the 3rd dragon. I'll show a pic when that part is done.

5 comments:

Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Annie, your wonderful,beautiful,unique dolls just arrived. Thank you so much for these beauties. I know you put a lot of time in these and it shows. I am off to gaze at them again. :-)

Sandra said...

How cute! Love this baby blossom! Great job Annie!!!

Annie said...

Thank you so much, Pat and Sandra. 'Baby Blossom'... I like that name.

mainely stitching said...

Cute and clever!!

gazette94 said...

Thank you for your visit and the nice comment on my blog, your blog is full of wonder, i love it !