Saturday, May 10, 2008

Saturday findings...

The sun finally re-appeared today just in time for the Bethesda Fine Arts Festival. This is an annual street fair that provides lots of opportunity for high-end shopping and gathering creative inspiration.

My favorite artist was Deborah Kracht of arthead studio. I bought a couple of her whimsical water-color magnets. Her booth was very popular and she was fun to talk to.

I also admired the work of Jeanne Goodman. She has a very clever technique of producing works in an impressionist style.

And of course, I had some mint chocolate chunk ice cream at the Ben & Jerry's stand.

Earlier in the day I stopped at the library and checked out what looks like a great book on crochet.
It's just overflowing with cool little lacy motifs for my simulated tatted look.

1 comment:

Rachel S-H said...

Sounds like you had fun. I am sorry I missed that!