Thursday, November 20, 2008

Book award

Here's a new one for me. Wendy tagged me with the Bookworm award.



The rules:

1) Pass this on to 5 blogging friends.

2) Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56.

3) Write out the 5th sentence, as well as two to five sentences following that...

The book I'm currently reading is "The Good Thief's Guide to Amsterdam" by Chris Ewan. I just picked it up in the library by serendipity. It's turning out to be a pretty good read. The 5th sentence and what follows on p. 56:

"Besides, if things worked that way, where was the surprise for the reader when Faulks opened the cupboard in Nicholson's apartment and pulled the briefcase?

Just as I was wrestling with that very thought, my telephone rang and I answered it. It was Pierre, returning my call. Now I'm pretty sure Pierre isn't his real name but the truth is you need to use a name when you talk business with someone, and since he was French and he lived in Paris, Pierre always struck me as an appropriate choice."


Next victims:
Sharon
Mylene
Penny
San
Cathey

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Congrats on you award! In my country we mostly pass along the books, otherwise we'll end up reading the same one over and over... Wait! I do that! LOL Books are pricey here but it's nice to have friends to share them.