Monday, November 24, 2008

Let's all sing like the birdies sing..

Finished up some ornaments this week-end, all packed and ready for mailing. All but one is heading off to people who at least occasionally read my blog, so I'll wait to display the photos til I hear they reached their new owner.

This one is from the 2008 JCS ornament issue. It's by Full Circle Designs. I always like their entry in the annual issues. It's stitched on 18 ct Aida, 'Sahara' by Enchanted Fabrics. Seems kind of funny to stitch a snowy design on a color named 'Sahara', but I liked the effect. I changed the stars on the tree to hearts. Stars always make the design seem too religious for my taste. Also, since I stitched with DMC, the colors really look quite different from the model in the magazine which was stitched in the fancy floss. I'm pretty happy with the finishing. It has a layer of batting inside, but no cardboard so it's not stiff, but not floppy either.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annie, that's too sweet.
I like the full circle designs. I stitched "the decorator" from the 2007 issue for an exchange and your post reminds me that I haven't shown it in my blog, so I'm going to do this now.

Chris said...

I'll have to mark that design. Great changes.

AngelSan said...

this is one of my favourite designs in the magazine... And the fabric you chose is just brillant !!! I love it !!!!

Daffycat said...

Excellent ornament. I do like the fabric color and you do such nice finishing!

Sandra said...

That is so neat Annie! I'm finishing my ornies with iron on fusible pellon and some fiber filling, you're right it's better because that makes them washable.

The hearts are a neat idea. And the fabric it's perfect for the design, don't worry, despite its name, it won't melt the snow lol

Anonymous said...

I love the finishing of this ornament Annie! Very pretty design as well :-)

staci said...

Wonderful ornament! It's so sweet and your finishing is lovely!!!

mainely stitching said...

VERY sweet! :D

Pumpkin said...

Fantastic job Annie! I just love that design and plan to stitch it myself. I like how you changed a few things :o)

temari by the sea said...

Beautifully done! This is on my to do list too! I just love JC ornament issues!

Olga said...

I love the changes you made in the design. Your finishing is stunning!

patternnuts said...

Love it Annie! I think the heart looks great, and who can resist a cute bird? *chuckles