Thursday, November 6, 2008

Flower Power

I've been experimenting with little crocheted flowers to use as embellishments, and I was looking for a way to use them after I made a bunch. So I made a little 'Flower Power' doll.

The bottom white flower and middle pink flower are actually buttons covered in crochet.
Instructions are here. I left some without beads in the center because I just love that magic circle starting technique. The book I bought a while ago on crocheted dolls uses embroidery on crocheted shapes for faces a lot, so I thought I'd try that out also. Then I just fooled around with pearl cotton chain loops for the hair.

5 comments:

Jane said...

Saw the picture on Stitchin fingers and left a comment. Maybe I should have checked your blog first. Loved reading the details of what you have done. Seems a perfect way to try out something new

Pumpkin said...

What a neat idea Annie :o)

Liz in Kansas said...

Very cute. What a good way to use the flowers - and brighten someone's day.

mainely stitching said...

She's got me feelin' groovy!

Mylene said...

She's cute!!